Be A Volunteer!
The Council of Churches co-sponsors the Schuylkill Haven Food Pantry located behind the Evans Delivery building on Market Street between Parkway and St. Charles. Alternately , federal/state and local food contributions are distributed on the third Friday of each month from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm to families or individuals who meet eligibility. Volunteers are always welcome to assist with the shelving and distribution of food items. Donated grocery items can be dropped off at any of the member churches or at the site Monday mornings from 8:30 am to 10:30.a.m.
Peanut Butter and Jelly - Canned Vegetables - Spaghetti Sauce - Canned Meats/Fish (Spam, Chicken, Tuna etc.) - Juices - Boxed Pasta - Stuffing -Instant Potatoes - Baked Beans - Canned Milk - Dry Milk - Cold Cereals - Baby food - Paper Products etc.
These are some suggested groceries but any non-perishable food item will be accepted !
Please make sure the food items that you donate are not out of date....Federal and State law prohibits us from distributing anything out of date or expiration within the same month of distribution.
- Who We Are...
- How We Help
- How You Can Help
- Churches A - M
- New Life Ministries
- St. Ambrose Roman Catholic
- St. James Episcopal Church
- St. John's Evangelical Lutheran, Friedensburg
- St. John's Reformed, Friedendsburg
- St. John's United Church of Christ Schuylkill Hven
- St. Mark's "Browns"
- St. Mark's United Church of Christ, Cressona
- St. Paul's Evangelical Lutheran, Summer Hill
- St. Paul's United Church of Christ, Summer Hill